Join us and other families of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) for a FREE relaxed screening of “The Super Mario Bros. Movie“!
Siblings and other family members without SEND are also welcome to join.
Each guest will receive free popcorn.
What makes it SEND-Friendly?
Manchester Parent Carer Forum (MPCF) is committed to making the event as welcoming and comfortable as possible. You can expect:
- This event is exclusive to families and groups with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) that are accompanying children and young people aged 0 – 25 years.
- Peace of Mind – All MPCF staff and volunteers have lived experience of SEND so you can rest assured that there will be a level of empathy and understanding with any needs or quirks that may arise on the day. Please speak to a member of the team if you have a request to make for a better experience.
- A Quieter Experience – The cinema will reduce the volume if needed and we can request for some lights to be kept on, ensuring that your visit will not be too overwhelming.
- Alternative Access – Wheelchair and buggy users can enter the cinema via the level access door for those that wish to make use of it.
- Wider Arrival Window – No need to rush and bustle. Whether you are coming late or have to leave early, it’s okay with us.
- You will remain responsible for your family’s safety and well-being during the cinema session. Please ensure that your children are supervised by a responsible adult at all times during the screening.
- This session is part of Manchester’s SEND Community Offer. The cinema screening is exclusively for families of children and young people with SEND living in a ward/area covered by Manchester City Council.
- Let us know if you wish to have table reservations for a post-movie bite-to-eat. This weekend, GRUB will have stallholders at their Food Fair downstairs from the cinema: enjoy amazing food from the likes of Killa Carbs, Noble’s Kitchen, Korean Grub Club, and Mary’s Cakery Makery. Please note that your ticket only covers table reservations; food and drink purchases will be at your own cost.
- Use of the cinema is subject to GRUB/Cultplex’s terms and conditions. Please ensure that you’ve read the T&Cs before booking.
Much thanks to the SEND Local Offer for making this possible.
We’d also like to thank GRUB for providing us with a wonderful cinema package that families can enjoy.
Looking for other SEND-friendly activities?
This family event is part of Manchester’s SEND Community Offer.
Below are some photos of the movie room and the post-cinema hangout areas at GRUB, in case images can help your child/ young person get mentally prepared for the day.