The Visual Impairment Awareness Training (VIAT) course is a practical and engaging training session, aimed at helping people understand the needs and concerns of people with a visual impairment.
The course covers:
- Key sight loss facts, tips and guidance
- Challenging visual impairment stereotypes and misconceptions
- Experiencing what it is like to be visually impaired using our sight loss simulator
- Practical tasks relevant to your business
- Learning how to guide someone with a visual impairment.
Please visit https://www.henshaws.org.uk/what-we-offer/training-services-for-business/viat/ for more information.
There will be lunch and an opportunity to network with others at the end of the session (11:30am-12pm).
About the Trainers:
Henshaws is a charity that supports people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to achieve their ambitions and to go beyond expectations.
Please visit www.henshaws.org.uk to learn more.