June 12 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
You are invited to attend our second annual conference for parent-carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) in Manchester, in cooperation with Manchester City Council.
The event will offer the opportunity to access a number of workshops themed around inclusion, to be delivered by Manchester Adult Education Service and by member organisations of the Manchester Working Together Network (MWTN). MWTN is a group of dedicated organisations supporting the forum in representing parent voice in Manchester, all working together to make the city’s SEND services better for our families.
Here are the confirmed workshop providers and topics for the day:
- Autizma : Autism – An Insiders’ Perspective
- Dimobi Children Disability Trust
- Information, Advice and Support Manchester (IASM) : SEN Support & EHC Plans
- Manchester Adult Education Service : Health & Wellbeing
- Manchester Parent Champions : One-page Profiles
- South Manchester Down’s Syndrome Support Group : Inclusion in Education
- Workfit : Inclusion in the Workplace – Get a chance to hear from individuals who are now successfully at work.
The workshops will be followed by Question Time, where you’ll be able to ask your questions to a panel of service leads.
There will be loads of interesting stalls offering information, advice and support to SEND families. Here are some of the organisations you can expect on the day:
- Adventures Await
- Billy & Andy Music School
- Communities for All
- Chinese Health Information Centre
- Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Manchester
- Manchester Leisure
- Manchester Libraries
- Manchester Local Offer
- Manchester Parent Carer Forum
- Manchester Parent Champions
- Manchester Sensory Support Service
- People’s History Museum
- Short Breaks
- South Manchester Down’s Syndrome Support Group
- Trinity High School
- Venture Arts
- Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre
Hearty lunch and refreshments provided.
There are a limited number of places so book your place now!
Registered attendees to the event will also have a chance to win a voucher that entitles the winner, plus a friend, to a makeover and photo-shoot experience day at Flawless Studios.
The makeover day packages are valued at £95 each and include a mini manicure, dry hairstyling, makeup application, express facial and fashion photo shoot by their female creative team. The winner and their guest will also each receive a complimentary 6X4” printed image from their session. These gift vouchers can be redeemed at any of Flawless’ 3 studios (Leeds, Manchester and Middlesbrough) and are valid for up to 3 months. Please note at least one person attending the makeover day must be over 18 years of age.