June 12 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
You are invited to attend the second annual conference by Manchester Parent Carer Forum (MPCF), in cooperation with Manchester City Council, for parent-carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) in Manchester.
The event will offer the opportunity to access a number of workshops themed around inclusion, to be delivered by member organisations of the Manchester Working Together Network. These are a group of organisations supporting the forum in representing parent voice in Manchester, all working together to make the city’s SEND services better for our families.
Here are some potential workshop providers and topics (this may be subject to change):
- Manchester Parent Carer Forum : Opportunity to feed back your views about Education, Health and Social Care services in the city
- Manchester Parent Champions : One-page Profiles
- Manchester Sensory Support Service : Vision and Hearing Impairments – Issues and Solutions
- South Manchester Down’s Syndrome Support Group : Inclusion in the Workforce
- Workfit : Get a chance to hear from individuals who are now successfully at work.
The workshops will be followed by Question Time, where you’ll be able to ask your questions to a panel of service leads.
There will be loads of interesting stalls offering information, advice and support to SEND families. Here are some of the stallholders you can expect on the day:
- Chinese Health Information Centre
- Manchester Parent Champions
- Manchester Sensory Support Service
- South Manchester Down’s Syndrome Support Group
Hearty lunch and refreshments provided.
There are a limited number of places so book your place now!