Over the past year, the pandemic has limited the things that we can do and the places we can visit.
We know that many children & young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) – and their families – are eager to get back out there and visit the many wonderful attractions that we have here in Manchester.
This is why we are launching the Explore Manchester project!
With the help of 4CT Limited, we will be sending you a newsletter containing helpful information about some of the local places that many of us love – Manchester Art Gallery (MAG), Manchester Museum, National Football Museum, People’s History Museum (PHM), Science and Industry Museum, the Whitworth, and more! Many of these places are currently running exciting online activities and exhibitions, which you can access from home.
To get you in the mood for when our favourite places reopen, we will also be sending you some Manchester-themed things to do while we wait:
- a fun word search
- trivia quiz
- colouring sheets
- and more!
We will also ask you to enter a friendly ‘competition’ where you can suggest activities and information that will go in the next edition of our “Explore Manchester” newsletter.
What Do You Have to Do?
It’s very easy! Just register with us through the form below and we’ll take care of the rest!
If you wish to get more involved, then please message us with suggestions and photos/drawings of your favourite local places after you receive the first edition of “Explore Manchester” newsletter. This will give you an extra chance to win one of our special Explore Manchester bags and your suggestions may get featured in the second edition!
What Will You Get?
Signing up through the form below will give you a chance to win one of 30 Explorer Backpacks containing the following:
- magnifying glass
- plastic insects : Do you know where to find insects in the Manchester Museum?
- modelling clay : Can you replicate the most interesting item you find at Manchester Art Gallery or The Whitworth? How about designing your own?
- magnets : How many things in the Science and Industry Museum can you find that will work well with magnets?
- banner-making material : Which of the many beautiful banners in People’s History Museum inspires you the most? Or you could design your own!
For phase 1 of the project, you’ll receive a newsletter containing:
- Map of Manchester arts and culture venues
- Information about virtual activities from the venues
- Things to do: word search, quiz, colouring sheets
- A ‘competition’ to suggest activities/information to go in the next edition of the “Explore Manchester” newsletter : Submissions earn you a chance to win an Explorer Backpack!
For phase 2 of the project, you’ll receive a newsletter containing:
- Information about venues reopening
- Activities / information you suggested in phase 1
- We may also have an exciting announcement for our readers! 😉
Manchester’s SEND Local Offer
Would you like to learn more about what’s out there for families of children and young people with SEND in Manchester?