Join us and other families of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) for a fun-packed inclusive Halloween party, with arts & crafts, yummy lunch and a relaxed movie screening. Each child will receive a lunch box and all cinema guests can have popcorn to enjoy with the movie.
You can vote for the movie upon booking. UPDATE: Based on your votes, we will be showing the film, “Monsters, Inc.” which is an award-winning film about two monsters who realise that Monstropolis doesn’t need children’s screams to power the city.
Siblings and additional carers are also welcome to join.
You can come as you are or be in a Halloween costume. Dress with what’s comfortable! 🙂
What makes it SEND-Friendly?
Manchester Parent Carer Forum (MPCF) is committed to making the event as welcoming and comfortable as possible. You can expect:
- This event is exclusive to families and groups with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) that are accompanying children and young people aged 0 – 17 years.
- Peace of Mind – All MPCF staff and volunteers have lived experience of SEND so you can rest assured that there will be a level of empathy and understanding with any needs or quirks that may arise on the day. Please speak to a member of the team if you have a request to make for a better experience.
- A Quieter Experience – The cinema will reduce the volume if needed and we can request for some lights to be kept on, ensuring that your visit will not be too overwhelming. We will not be playing loud music in the activity hall.
- Alternative Access – Wheelchair and buggy users can enter the cinema via the level access door for those that wish to make use of it.
- Wider Arrival Window – No need to rush and bustle. Whether you are coming late or have to leave early, it’s okay with us.
You will remain responsible for your family’s safety and well-being during the session. Please ensure that your children are supervised by a responsible adult at all times during the session.
This session is part of Manchester’s SEND Community Offer. The event is exclusively for families of children and young people with SEND living in a ward/area covered by Manchester City Council.
Use of the cinema is subject to GRUB/ Cultplex’s terms and conditions. Please ensure that you’ve read the T&Cs before booking.
Much thanks to the SEND Local Offer for making this possible.
We’d also like to thank GRUB for providing us with this wonderful package that all our families can enjoy.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SEND-FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES?
This family event is part of Manchester’s SEND Community Offer.