Educational Psychologists from One Education in Manchester are running free live online half-day training sessions for parents/carers whose children have received an autism diagnosis from one of the following centres over the last two years. The centres are known by the initials SCP. They used to be known by the initials SCAIT.
- The Powerhouse – North and Central Manchester Social Communication Pathway (SCP)
- The Bridge – North Manchester SCP / Social Communication Assessment and Intervention Team (SCAIT)
- The Winnicott Centre – Central Manchester SCP / SCAIT
- Carol Kendrick Centre – South Manchester SCP / SCAIT
The sessions are for those who have not already received post-diagnostic training through the above centres.
These sessions will cover:
- What is Autism?
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice – Working with your child’s school to ensure their needs are met
- Opportunities for Q & A, to stay in touch with other parents; an Introduction to the Manchester Parent Carer Forum
- Signposts to further support
This session on Tuesday, the 29th of March, 9:30am – 12:00pm, will be for parents/carers of Secondary School pupils.
There are three other sessions happening this term (Please sign up for one only):
- Weds 2 February 9.30 am – 12.00 Early Years and Primary Pupils
- Thurs 3 March 9.30 am – 12.00 Secondary Pupils
- Weds 16 March 9.30 am – 12.00 Early Years and Primary Pupils
All sessions will be on Zoom.