This Understanding Sensory Needs parent seminar will be delivered by facilitators from Greater Manchester Autism Consortium.
The workshop will cover:
- sensory processing
- sensory processing differences in children with autism
- the senses in detail
- helping your child with their sensory needs
This is a free seminar for families of autistic children and young people, or those who are currently undergoing assessment through the Social Communication Pathway (SCP).
Refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) will be available throughout the session and we will serve light lunch midway through the workshop. Please contact us after booking if you have any dietary requirements.
Booking is essential. Please book your place before 20th of May 2022.
Please note bookings from professionals or students will not be accepted.
For more information or enquiries, please email: email@example.com
About Greater Manchester Autism Consortium
The Greater Manchester Autism Consortium (GMAC) project is funded by the 10 councils of Greater Manchester and the 10 Clinical Commissioning Groups (local NHS organisations).
Their work includes:
- Delivery of the Greater Manchester Autism Strategy
- Providing information and advice to autistic people, families, carers and professionals in Greater Manchester
- Facilitating good practice sharing at events and workshops
- Delivering seminars for families of autistic children and teens on the topics of: Understanding Autism, Sensory Needs, Managing Anger and Transition to Adulthood
Please visit www.autismgm.org.uk to learn more about what they do.
If you wish to find out about other GMAC seminars, please visit https://www.autismgm.org.uk/autism-seminars-for-families.