Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Manchester are setting up an exciting project in the North of the city and would like to extend an invitation for parent-carers to join it.
Getting involved with this project will give participants the opportunity to learn from experienced trainers with in-depth knowledge of SEND, the law, working with professional services and advocacy. The programme will include:
- Introductory training on SEN legislation by Claire Jackson, who has extensive experience delivering legal training to large groups of parent/carers, professionals (including local authorities/NHS staff), schools and those working within statutory services
- Training delivered by Geraldine Hills from the Inclusive Choice Consultancy on getting your message across and the Equality Act
- Access to support and mentorship from an IAS Case Worker
- Ongoing briefings and further training on SEN matters as the Pilot evolves
- A resource pack with useful information
- Reasonable transport expenses to events
Participants will be able to use their experiences to help other parents & carers and work alongside practitioners from a range of services.
For more information, please download this IAS North Manchester Parent Champion Model information sheet.
If you want to speak to IAS Manchester about the project or want to sign up, please contact Andy Lomax of IASM: