IASM is Manchester’s Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS) for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
They have gone through a number of name changes over the years and some of us may be used to calling them Parent Partnership or SENDIASS or simply IAS. They are now officially called IAS Manchester (IASM).
They can provide:
– Information on school admissions and appeals
– Information on school exclusion
– Information on disability discrimination
– Support meetings in relation to SEN and disability issues
– Advocacy in meetings
– Informal disagreement resolution and mediation between parents, schools and the Local Authority
– Information on formal disagreement resolution and mediation services
– Information on other avenues of support to the voluntary and community sector
– Information on Health and Social care and the SEND Local Offer
– Help to make parents’ voices heard to influence change and development of services
You can also find information about them at:
Below are some events and articles relating to IASM: